Suspension proving to be a `mental barrier` for us: Mary Kom
Kolkata: London Olympics bronze medallist M C Mary Kom today said that the suspension of the IABF by the international body is proving to be a "mental barrier" for the boxers.
"We are clueless about our future. There is no plan yet, we don`t know where we are heading to," an upset Mary Kom told reporters on the first day of her three-day trip to the city.
Mary Kom, who arrived here along with husband Onler, will be felicitated on Sunday by the Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda`s 150th birth anniversary.
Lamenting the mess surrounding the suspension of the Indian Boxing Federation and the IOC-IOA deadlock, the 29-year-old mother of twins added: "After the bronze, we all are aiming for gold in Rio. But I`m upset that we`ve not yet planned for 2016.
"I appeal to the higher officials and authorities to resolve the crisis for the interest of the country. The medals we get is for the country. The sport`s loss is the country`s loss," she said.
"We have not been informed anything by anybody as yet. We`re training on our own. I`m really confused, it`s proving to be a mental barrier."
The diminutive boxer, who won a bronze in 51kg category, hoped that her original 48kg category is introduced in Rio 2016 to give her more chances of winning.
"I`ve heard that three more weight categories will be added in Rio including 48kg. It will definitely brighten my medal chances."
About Sachin Tendulkar`s retirement from ODIs, Mary Kom said, "Every sportsperson sets his/her limitations. I`ve set my limits and will try to give my best till that."
Mary Kom said that life has not changed a bit after winning the Olympic medal last year.
"I`m the same Mary Kom, though I`m travelling a bit more now. But it`s not hampering my training as I`m yet to start my preparation in full swing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof