Sweden defeat Canada for World Curling title
Victoria (Canada): Sweden has become the first country to win the World and European men`s curling championships in the same season after defeating Canada 8-6 in the final.
In front of the Victoria, British Columbia, crowd, Niklas Edin`s team denied the Canadians a fourth straight title and earned Sweden`s first World triumph since 2004.
"It`s been a wonderful week," Edin said on the tournament website Sunday. "The final we played here, it was almost perfect. We executed our plan perfectly, and I`m so proud of my team."
Sweden was in control throughout, taking two off the first end and going 4-1 up in the third.
The world championships are the last edition of the tournament before the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan