Sweden defeat Canada for World Curling title
Victoria (Canada): Sweden has become the first country to win the World and European men`s curling championships in the same season after defeating Canada 8-6 in the final.
In front of the Victoria, British Columbia, crowd, Niklas Edin`s team denied the Canadians a fourth straight title and earned Sweden`s first World triumph since 2004.
"It`s been a wonderful week," Edin said on the tournament website Sunday. "The final we played here, it was almost perfect. We executed our plan perfectly, and I`m so proud of my team."
Sweden was in control throughout, taking two off the first end and going 4-1 up in the third.
The world championships are the last edition of the tournament before the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what