Swimmer banned for breaching doping rule
Moscow: A former Olympic swimmer has been banned for a year for an unspecified breach of doping rules, the Russian Anti-Doping Agency said.
Kseniya Moskvina, 23, is a former national backstroke champion who competed in two events at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and last year`s world championships, but did not win a medal at either event.
She narrowly failed to qualify for London 2012.
"The All-Russian Swimming Federation, on the basis of and implementing a decision from RUSADA, has taken the decision to ban the athlete Kseniya Moskvina for a period of one year, starting November 26, for a breach of anti-doping rules," RUSADA said in a website statement Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi