Swimmer banned for breaching doping rule
Moscow: A former Olympic swimmer has been banned for a year for an unspecified breach of doping rules, the Russian Anti-Doping Agency said.
Kseniya Moskvina, 23, is a former national backstroke champion who competed in two events at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and last year`s world championships, but did not win a medal at either event.
She narrowly failed to qualify for London 2012.
"The All-Russian Swimming Federation, on the basis of and implementing a decision from RUSADA, has taken the decision to ban the athlete Kseniya Moskvina for a period of one year, starting November 26, for a breach of anti-doping rules," RUSADA said in a website statement Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS