Swimming star Katinka Hosszu aims to break world record
Berlin: Hungary`s swimming star Katinka Hosszu has set her sight on Chinese Ye Shiwen`s 400-meter individual medley world record after winning two medley titles at the Barcelona Worlds.
"I definitely already have goals for 2014. I was pretty close to the world record in the 400IM and I want to get as close as possible," said Hosszu on Monday when asked about her peak goal for 2014.
Shiwen, double Olympic champion of women`s medley at London, failed to win a medal at the World Championships.
Hosszu broke the women`s 400IM short course world record Sunday at the Berlin World Cup. She also held the 100IM and 200IM short course world records.
Over four days of racing in Eindhoven and Berlin this past week, Hosszu notched up 14 podium finishes alongside her six short course world records.
"I`ve been training very hard the last couple of years but now it is finally coming out," said Hosszu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why