Swimming star Katinka Hosszu aims to break world record
Berlin: Hungary`s swimming star Katinka Hosszu has set her sight on Chinese Ye Shiwen`s 400-meter individual medley world record after winning two medley titles at the Barcelona Worlds.
"I definitely already have goals for 2014. I was pretty close to the world record in the 400IM and I want to get as close as possible," said Hosszu on Monday when asked about her peak goal for 2014.
Shiwen, double Olympic champion of women`s medley at London, failed to win a medal at the World Championships.
Hosszu broke the women`s 400IM short course world record Sunday at the Berlin World Cup. She also held the 100IM and 200IM short course world records.
Over four days of racing in Eindhoven and Berlin this past week, Hosszu notched up 14 podium finishes alongside her six short course world records.
"I`ve been training very hard the last couple of years but now it is finally coming out," said Hosszu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks