Swimming star Katinka Hosszu aims to break world record
Berlin: Hungary`s swimming star Katinka Hosszu has set her sight on Chinese Ye Shiwen`s 400-meter individual medley world record after winning two medley titles at the Barcelona Worlds.
"I definitely already have goals for 2014. I was pretty close to the world record in the 400IM and I want to get as close as possible," said Hosszu on Monday when asked about her peak goal for 2014.
Shiwen, double Olympic champion of women`s medley at London, failed to win a medal at the World Championships.
Hosszu broke the women`s 400IM short course world record Sunday at the Berlin World Cup. She also held the 100IM and 200IM short course world records.
Over four days of racing in Eindhoven and Berlin this past week, Hosszu notched up 14 podium finishes alongside her six short course world records.
"I`ve been training very hard the last couple of years but now it is finally coming out," said Hosszu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- French PM `open` to interim ban on foreign funding of mosques
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS
- Here's how you can safely lose weight in one month without exercise!
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar blames Delhi's Arvind Kejriwal for Gurgaon jam – Know why