Takijistan were much superior, says coach Koevermans
Khujand (Tajikstan): National Coach Wim Koevermans said that the 0-3 loss to Tajikistan "would help India in the SAFF Championship."
"We did our best but Tajikistan were a much superior side. We have learnt a lot from this match. Tajikistan had a much higher tempo," he stated at the post-match press conference.
"I would like to reiterate that it`s important to play International Friendlies. We need to develop," he added.
"Tajikistan were quick and fast. They made it difficult for our boys. Tajikistan, we knew from the FIFA Rankings were of much higher level."
"We had our players for 5 days as it`s the pre-season and they haven`t played for long. We move to the Preparatory Camp in Bangalore for the SAFF Championship."
The Indian squad lands in Bangalore on August 16 and will begin training from next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev