Takijistan were much superior, says coach Koevermans
Khujand (Tajikstan): National Coach Wim Koevermans said that the 0-3 loss to Tajikistan "would help India in the SAFF Championship."
"We did our best but Tajikistan were a much superior side. We have learnt a lot from this match. Tajikistan had a much higher tempo," he stated at the post-match press conference.
"I would like to reiterate that it`s important to play International Friendlies. We need to develop," he added.
"Tajikistan were quick and fast. They made it difficult for our boys. Tajikistan, we knew from the FIFA Rankings were of much higher level."
"We had our players for 5 days as it`s the pre-season and they haven`t played for long. We move to the Preparatory Camp in Bangalore for the SAFF Championship."
The Indian squad lands in Bangalore on August 16 and will begin training from next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM