Takijistan were much superior, says coach Koevermans
Khujand (Tajikstan): National Coach Wim Koevermans said that the 0-3 loss to Tajikistan "would help India in the SAFF Championship."
"We did our best but Tajikistan were a much superior side. We have learnt a lot from this match. Tajikistan had a much higher tempo," he stated at the post-match press conference.
"I would like to reiterate that it`s important to play International Friendlies. We need to develop," he added.
"Tajikistan were quick and fast. They made it difficult for our boys. Tajikistan, we knew from the FIFA Rankings were of much higher level."
"We had our players for 5 days as it`s the pre-season and they haven`t played for long. We move to the Preparatory Camp in Bangalore for the SAFF Championship."
The Indian squad lands in Bangalore on August 16 and will begin training from next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj