Talukdar fourth in Archery World Cup qualification
Kolkata: India`s Jayanta Talukdar was seeded directly into the round of 32 after qualifying fourth in the recurve event of the Stage III of the Archery World Cup in Antalya on Wednesday.
According to information received here, Talukdar shot 677, 10 points behind Korean top seed Woojin Kim to be placed fourth.
Talukdar`s performance pushed India to seventh spot with a total score of 1967 along with Atanu Das and Sanjay Boro in the recurve team event.
In the women`s category, Laishram Bombayla Devi was India`s top scorer with 651 as she qualified 17th while in the team event she along with Laxmirani Majhi and Madhu Vaidwan totalled 1932 for seventh rank.
Talukdar and Bombayla with a combined score of 1328 will spearhead India`s challenge as fifth seed in the mixed pair event of the recurve section.
Individual knock out rounds will be held tomorrow, while the team eliminations will take place the next day, followed by the compound and recurve finals over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country