Talukdar fourth in Archery World Cup qualification
Kolkata: India`s Jayanta Talukdar was seeded directly into the round of 32 after qualifying fourth in the recurve event of the Stage III of the Archery World Cup in Antalya on Wednesday.
According to information received here, Talukdar shot 677, 10 points behind Korean top seed Woojin Kim to be placed fourth.
Talukdar`s performance pushed India to seventh spot with a total score of 1967 along with Atanu Das and Sanjay Boro in the recurve team event.
In the women`s category, Laishram Bombayla Devi was India`s top scorer with 651 as she qualified 17th while in the team event she along with Laxmirani Majhi and Madhu Vaidwan totalled 1932 for seventh rank.
Talukdar and Bombayla with a combined score of 1328 will spearhead India`s challenge as fifth seed in the mixed pair event of the recurve section.
Individual knock out rounds will be held tomorrow, while the team eliminations will take place the next day, followed by the compound and recurve finals over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet