Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa announces Rs. 2 crore reward for Viswanathan Anand
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government today announced Rs 2 crore reward for Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand for winning the World Chess Championship crown for a fifth time.
In recognition of his achievement in retaining the World Chess Championship crown, "Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa is pleased to honour him by sanctioning a cash reward of Rs. Two crores," a state government release said tonight.
Anand defeated challenger Boris Gelfand of Israel in a tense rapid chess tie-breaker to win the World Championship crown for the fourth time in a row in Moscow on May 30.
Jayalalithaa had yesterday hailed Anand`s feat, saying he had brought laurels both to Tamil Nadu, his home state, and India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'