T&T athletics team at worlds wasn`t approved
Port of Spain: The Trinidad and Tobago team at the 14th IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Moscow wasn’t approved by the General Council of the National Association of Athletics Administration (NAAA).
Former secretary of the national athletics federation Clyde Forde said the NAAA executive violated its own constitution by sending a team to the World championships without the general council’s ratification, reports CMC.
“The executive of the NAAA is only a committee selected by the general council to handle the day to day affairs of the organisation. But what they did was contrary of the constitution when they selected the T&T team for the World Games in Russia without the approval or ratification by the General Council,” Forde was quoted in the Trinidad Express newspaper.
Secretary of the NAAA, Allan Baboolal said the federation will comment at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama
- Unfazed by controversy, Haryana's Anil Vij says he would have donated more to Dera Sacha Sauda
- Lakme Fashion Week 2016: What made Emraan Hashmi's ramp walk more special! – Details inside
- Heart attack and stroke prevention: Ways to reduce your risk!