T&T athletics team at worlds wasn`t approved
Port of Spain: The Trinidad and Tobago team at the 14th IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Moscow wasn’t approved by the General Council of the National Association of Athletics Administration (NAAA).
Former secretary of the national athletics federation Clyde Forde said the NAAA executive violated its own constitution by sending a team to the World championships without the general council’s ratification, reports CMC.
“The executive of the NAAA is only a committee selected by the general council to handle the day to day affairs of the organisation. But what they did was contrary of the constitution when they selected the T&T team for the World Games in Russia without the approval or ratification by the General Council,” Forde was quoted in the Trinidad Express newspaper.
Secretary of the NAAA, Allan Baboolal said the federation will comment at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!