Tarundeep makes a comeback for Archery World Cup
Kolkata: Asian Games silver medallist Tarundeep Rai has made a comeback to the India team almost after a year as the Sikkim archer was picked for the men`s recurve team for the remaining two stages of the Archery World Cup.
Tarundeep last played for India at the 2012 London Olympics as he made his way into the side after finishing second at the third National Ranking Archery Tournament which was held at the DDA Yamuna Sports Complex, Delhi (June 21-23).
Excited about his return, the double Olympian Tarundeep is eyeing the next year`s Asian Games to be held in Incheon.
"By God`s grace, I`m back into the side. Hopefully, I continue this form till the end of this season as we have the all-important Asian Games," Tarundeep, who had won a silver at the Guangzhou Asiad in 2010 said.
29-year-old Tarundeep is incidentally the first Indian to win an individual men`s silver medal in archery at the Asian Games.
There was another surprise in the men`s team as Priyank of ITBP also made to the India side four years after he competed in the World Cup 2008.
The duo made the cut at the expense of Rahul Banerjee and Rajib Basumatary who were part of the first two stages of the World Cup.
The third Stage World Cup will be held at Medellin (Columbia) from July 13-22 while the fourth Stage would be held at Wroclow (Poland) from August 17-26.
The Archery Association of India also named junior archers for the second Asian Grand Prix Archery Championship to be held in Ullanbaatar (Mongolia) from July 26-August 2.
Men`s recurve: Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das, Priyank, Jayanta Talukdar; Women`s recurve: Rimil Biriuly, Deepika Kumari, Dola Banerjee, Laishram Bombayla Devi; Boys recurve: Binod Swansi, Swmla Boro, Mukesh Tamang, Akhil Choudhary; Girls recurve: Dipali Boro, Padyawati Sardar, A Ravali, Sumita Kumari.
Men`s compound: Rajat Chouhan, Abhishek Sharma, Sandeep Kumar, Kh Ratan Singh; Women`s compound: V Jyothi Surekha, Manjudha Soy, Trisha Deb, P Lily Chanu; Boys compound: Y Charan Reddy, Ramakanta Sharma, Angrej Singh, Ravi Sharma.
Girls compound: Madhumita Kumari, Sorang Yumi, Swati Dudhwal, Maselo Mihu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28