Tata International Rating Chess tournament from March 13
Jamshedpur: The 3rd Tata International Rating Chess Tournament-2013 will commence here from March 13.
Around 200 participants from across the country will take part in the tournament, which was being organized by East Singhbhum District Chess Association in association with Tata Steel, said Capt Amitabh, Head Sports, Tata Steel, Narendra Kumar Tiwary, General Secretary of the Association and Jayant Kumar Bhuyan, Chief Co-ordinator of the Association.
Addressing a joint press conference here today, Capt Amitabh said over 80 chess players from eight states including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Bengal, Bihar, Kerala, Uttar Predesh, and Jharkhand have already confirmed their participations.
The tournament will be held on swiss league format, he said adding that the total prize money for the tournament has been hike from Rs 1.20 lakh last year to 1.50 lakh.
Bhuyan, an international arbiter from Jharkhand, will be the Chief arbiter of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack