Tata International Rating Chess tournament from March 13
Jamshedpur: The 3rd Tata International Rating Chess Tournament-2013 will commence here from March 13.
Around 200 participants from across the country will take part in the tournament, which was being organized by East Singhbhum District Chess Association in association with Tata Steel, said Capt Amitabh, Head Sports, Tata Steel, Narendra Kumar Tiwary, General Secretary of the Association and Jayant Kumar Bhuyan, Chief Co-ordinator of the Association.
Addressing a joint press conference here today, Capt Amitabh said over 80 chess players from eight states including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Bengal, Bihar, Kerala, Uttar Predesh, and Jharkhand have already confirmed their participations.
The tournament will be held on swiss league format, he said adding that the total prize money for the tournament has been hike from Rs 1.20 lakh last year to 1.50 lakh.
Bhuyan, an international arbiter from Jharkhand, will be the Chief arbiter of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured