Tata International Rating Chess tournament from March 13
Jamshedpur: The 3rd Tata International Rating Chess Tournament-2013 will commence here from March 13.
Around 200 participants from across the country will take part in the tournament, which was being organized by East Singhbhum District Chess Association in association with Tata Steel, said Capt Amitabh, Head Sports, Tata Steel, Narendra Kumar Tiwary, General Secretary of the Association and Jayant Kumar Bhuyan, Chief Co-ordinator of the Association.
Addressing a joint press conference here today, Capt Amitabh said over 80 chess players from eight states including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Bengal, Bihar, Kerala, Uttar Predesh, and Jharkhand have already confirmed their participations.
The tournament will be held on swiss league format, he said adding that the total prize money for the tournament has been hike from Rs 1.20 lakh last year to 1.50 lakh.
Bhuyan, an international arbiter from Jharkhand, will be the Chief arbiter of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Shiv Sena questions Modi over his black money promise
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale