Tata International Rating Chess tournament from March 13
Jamshedpur: The 3rd Tata International Rating Chess Tournament-2013 will commence here from March 13.
Around 200 participants from across the country will take part in the tournament, which was being organized by East Singhbhum District Chess Association in association with Tata Steel, said Capt Amitabh, Head Sports, Tata Steel, Narendra Kumar Tiwary, General Secretary of the Association and Jayant Kumar Bhuyan, Chief Co-ordinator of the Association.
Addressing a joint press conference here today, Capt Amitabh said over 80 chess players from eight states including Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Bengal, Bihar, Kerala, Uttar Predesh, and Jharkhand have already confirmed their participations.
The tournament will be held on swiss league format, he said adding that the total prize money for the tournament has been hike from Rs 1.20 lakh last year to 1.50 lakh.
Bhuyan, an international arbiter from Jharkhand, will be the Chief arbiter of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog