Teary-eyed Rathore hits out at shooting federation
New Delhi: A teary-eyed Rajyavardhan Singh
Rathore today lashed out at the National Rifle Association of
India (NRAI), saying the treatment meted out to him by the
federation nearly forced him to quit the sport.
"Unfortunately, in the last one year, the way I have been
kept out was not very good. So, I wanted to give up shooting,"
the Athens Olympics gold medallist said on the sidelines of
the National Shooting Championship at the Karni Singh Shooting
The Col, who was left out of the Indian squad for the
Delhi Commonwealth Games last October for skipping selection
trials, said, "I always wanted to be with the game and, you
know, I love this sport. I always wanted to be part of it and
know that I can give something back to the sport," Rathore
Rathore, who stood disqualified for selection to the CWG
squad, silenced his detractors by winning the double trap gold
on the first day of the championship today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore