Tech Mahindra ties up with Dhanraj Pillay to promote hockey
Mumbai: IT firm Tech Mahindra has partnered with an academy promoted by Indian hockey icon Dhanraj Pillay to encourage people to take up the sport.
Excellence Academy aims at promoting talent in the field of hockey, a game which India once dominated on the international level, and support from corporates will help in achieving the goals, the former national captain said today.
"There has been no dearth of talent in India. At Excellence Academy, we aim at promoting that talent of our country in the field of hockey. Support from corporates like Tech Mahindra will help in uplifting the level of the game," the 46-year-old former striker said in a statement here.
India has taught the world how to play hockey and I am sure we will be able to promote the right talent. I would also like to thank Fleur Hovin for her support to the sport," the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award winner said.
Hovin is a 17-year-old blogger from the Netherlands who raised funds for the cause through social media. She has teamed with Tech Mahindra with an aim to promote hockey in India over the next two years.
"At Tech Mahindra we believe that with the right infrastructure, training and promotion we can bring out the best performances to represent India at the international level. Collaborations with sports academies like Excellence will help in identifying the right talent and lending them the required support," Abhijit Lahiri, Chair, Pune Location Council, Tech Mahindra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon