Teimet wins as Kenyans dominate Seoul marathon
Seoul: Sylvester Teimet Kimeli won the Seoul International men’s marathon ahead of three fellow-Kenyans in a race record two hours six minutes and 49 seconds on Sunday.
Teimet’s time, a personal best for the 26-year-old, bettered the 2:07:06 set by South Africa’s Gert Thys in 2004.
Amane Gobena of Ethiopia won the women’s race in 2:24:13, also a personal best. China’s former London marathon winner and Beijing Olympics bronze medallist Zhou Chunxiu was second.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj