Ten teams for Murugappa hockey
Chennai: Ten teams, including holders ONGC, will take part in the 87th All-India MCC Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament commencing here Thursday.
According to organising secretary Sanjay Gulvady, the teams have been divided into two groups of five for the preliminary league.
The two top teams based on points will advance to the semifinals which are scheduled for Sep 15 while the final will be played Sep 16.
The winners will receive Rs.2.5 lakh while the runners-up take home Rs.1.5 lakh.
Group A: ONGC, Punjab National Bank, Bharat Petroleum, Army XI and Indian Overseas Bank.
Group B: Indian Oil Corporation, Indian Railways, Air India, All-India Customs and Central Excise, and Integral Coach Factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore