Ten teams for Murugappa hockey
Chennai: Ten teams, including holders ONGC, will take part in the 87th All-India MCC Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament commencing here Thursday.
According to organising secretary Sanjay Gulvady, the teams have been divided into two groups of five for the preliminary league.
The two top teams based on points will advance to the semifinals which are scheduled for Sep 15 while the final will be played Sep 16.
The winners will receive Rs.2.5 lakh while the runners-up take home Rs.1.5 lakh.
Group A: ONGC, Punjab National Bank, Bharat Petroleum, Army XI and Indian Overseas Bank.
Group B: Indian Oil Corporation, Indian Railways, Air India, All-India Customs and Central Excise, and Integral Coach Factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires