Ten teams in Kingfisher Pro-League fray
Panaji: The fourth edition of the Kingfisher Pro-League with a new format has ten teams, instead of eight, vying for top honours.
Addressing a press conference, Samar Singh Sheikhawat, Senior Vice President (Marketing) of United Breweries said the Pro-League, which began from October 2, consists of ten teams featuring defending champions Dempo SC, Salgaocar SC, Churchill Brothers SC, Sporting Clube de Goa, Wilfred Leisure Sports Club, Vasco SC, Sesa Football Academy, Velha Sports Club, Margao SC and St. Cruz Club of Cavelossim.
According to the new format, the Kingfisher Pro-League 2012-13 will be played in two phases. In the first phase, the ten teams will play in a round robin league, which consists of nine rounds, played at five different venue. The first phase is scheduled to be concluded by the end of November 2012.
In the second phase, the top five teams from phase I will play in the Kingfisher Super League, while the bottom five teams will play in the relegation league. There will ten matches in each of these leagues respectively, which will be go on for two months from December 2012 to January 2013.
The Super League will culminate in the Kingfisher Super Cup, a knock-out based format between the top 4 teams in the league to decide the eventual winners of the Kingfisher Goa Pro League. All the Super Cup matches will be played under floodlights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'