Tendulkar hails Paralympic Games silver-medallist Girisha
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar on Thursday described London Paralympic Games silver-medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda as an "inspiration to all of us" and wished the high-jumper the very best for all his future endeavours.
"It was wonderful speaking to Girisha yesterday. He is an inspiration to all of us. I wish him all the very best for coming years," Tendulkar wrote on his Facebook page.
India`s lone medallist at the Games, Girisha had on Tuesday received a phone call from the veteran cricketer.
"Sachin called me up last evening (Tuesday) and I was very happy when he said I have become an inspiration for many people," the para athlete had told PTI at Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s official residence here yesterday.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, sailed over 1.74m in the final of the Games to finish second behind Iliesa Delana of Fiji.
The Paralympian said he would meet Tendulkar in a few days time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neeraj Chopra sets new U20 Javelin WORLD RECORD in Poland – WATCH VIDEO
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli