Tendulkar hails Paralympic Games silver-medallist Girisha
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar on Thursday described London Paralympic Games silver-medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda as an "inspiration to all of us" and wished the high-jumper the very best for all his future endeavours.
"It was wonderful speaking to Girisha yesterday. He is an inspiration to all of us. I wish him all the very best for coming years," Tendulkar wrote on his Facebook page.
India`s lone medallist at the Games, Girisha had on Tuesday received a phone call from the veteran cricketer.
"Sachin called me up last evening (Tuesday) and I was very happy when he said I have become an inspiration for many people," the para athlete had told PTI at Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s official residence here yesterday.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, sailed over 1.74m in the final of the Games to finish second behind Iliesa Delana of Fiji.
The Paralympian said he would meet Tendulkar in a few days time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media