Tendulkar hails Paralympic Games silver-medallist Girisha
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar on Thursday described London Paralympic Games silver-medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda as an "inspiration to all of us" and wished the high-jumper the very best for all his future endeavours.
"It was wonderful speaking to Girisha yesterday. He is an inspiration to all of us. I wish him all the very best for coming years," Tendulkar wrote on his Facebook page.
India`s lone medallist at the Games, Girisha had on Tuesday received a phone call from the veteran cricketer.
"Sachin called me up last evening (Tuesday) and I was very happy when he said I have become an inspiration for many people," the para athlete had told PTI at Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s official residence here yesterday.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, sailed over 1.74m in the final of the Games to finish second behind Iliesa Delana of Fiji.
The Paralympian said he would meet Tendulkar in a few days time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Salman Khan's 'Sultan' transformation is truly commendable! Pics inside
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday