Tendulkar in Par panel on IT; Rekha in panel on PDS
New Delhi: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar will now get an opportunity to examine issues related to information technology.
The Rajya Sabha MP has been included in the Standing Committee on Information and Technology.
The Committee examines issues related to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts and the Department of Telecommunications.
The 31-member panel is currently examining the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Second Amendment Bill, 2011.
Bollywood actor and another Rajya Sabha member Rekha has been included in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution.
The panel, with 31 members, is examining the Bureau of Indian Standards (Amendment) Bill, 2012, the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2011, the National Food Security Bill, 2011 and the Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
Tendulkar and Rekha were recently nominated to the Upper House by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you