Tendulkar in Par panel on IT; Rekha in panel on PDS
New Delhi: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar will now get an opportunity to examine issues related to information technology.
The Rajya Sabha MP has been included in the Standing Committee on Information and Technology.
The Committee examines issues related to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts and the Department of Telecommunications.
The 31-member panel is currently examining the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Second Amendment Bill, 2011.
Bollywood actor and another Rajya Sabha member Rekha has been included in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution.
The panel, with 31 members, is examining the Bureau of Indian Standards (Amendment) Bill, 2012, the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2011, the National Food Security Bill, 2011 and the Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
Tendulkar and Rekha were recently nominated to the Upper House by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands