Tendulkar in Par panel on IT; Rekha in panel on PDS
New Delhi: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar will now get an opportunity to examine issues related to information technology.
The Rajya Sabha MP has been included in the Standing Committee on Information and Technology.
The Committee examines issues related to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts and the Department of Telecommunications.
The 31-member panel is currently examining the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Second Amendment Bill, 2011.
Bollywood actor and another Rajya Sabha member Rekha has been included in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution.
The panel, with 31 members, is examining the Bureau of Indian Standards (Amendment) Bill, 2012, the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2011, the National Food Security Bill, 2011 and the Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
Tendulkar and Rekha were recently nominated to the Upper House by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale