Tendulkar in Par panel on IT; Rekha in panel on PDS
New Delhi: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar will now get an opportunity to examine issues related to information technology.
The Rajya Sabha MP has been included in the Standing Committee on Information and Technology.
The Committee examines issues related to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts and the Department of Telecommunications.
The 31-member panel is currently examining the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Second Amendment Bill, 2011.
Bollywood actor and another Rajya Sabha member Rekha has been included in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution.
The panel, with 31 members, is examining the Bureau of Indian Standards (Amendment) Bill, 2012, the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2011, the National Food Security Bill, 2011 and the Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
Tendulkar and Rekha were recently nominated to the Upper House by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India