Thailand GPG winner Srikanth starts campaign in Singapore
Singapore: Thailand Open champion K Srikanth will look to continue his rampaging form and qualify for the main draw when he begins his campaign in the Singapore Super Series here on Tuesday.
Second seed in the qualifiers, Srikanth will take on Henri Hurskainen of Sweden in his opener.
Among other Indians, HS Prannoy will take on Finland`s Ville Lang and senior shuttler Arvind Bhat will meet Ireland`s Scott Evans.
Sai Praneeth, who spoilt former world and Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat`s farewell in the Indonesian Super Series Premier, will clash with Japan`s Kento Momota in the qualifiers.
In the women`s singes qualifiers, P C Thulasi will be up against Kaori Imabeppu, while Arundhati Pantawane will face Russia`s Anna Astrakhantseva.
Jwala Gutta and Prajakta Sawant will meet local players Wei Han Tan and Dellis Yuliana in the women`s doubles qualifiers, while in the mixed doubles competition, Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan will square off against the Thai combo of Patiphat Chalardchaleam and Jongkonphan Kittiharakul.
Another Indian combo of Manish Gupta and Gaurav Venkat will fight it out against Malaysian pair of Zheng Yi Kok and Keat Zhen Kong.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'