Thailand GPG winner Srikanth starts campaign in Singapore
Singapore: Thailand Open champion K Srikanth will look to continue his rampaging form and qualify for the main draw when he begins his campaign in the Singapore Super Series here on Tuesday.
Second seed in the qualifiers, Srikanth will take on Henri Hurskainen of Sweden in his opener.
Among other Indians, HS Prannoy will take on Finland`s Ville Lang and senior shuttler Arvind Bhat will meet Ireland`s Scott Evans.
Sai Praneeth, who spoilt former world and Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat`s farewell in the Indonesian Super Series Premier, will clash with Japan`s Kento Momota in the qualifiers.
In the women`s singes qualifiers, P C Thulasi will be up against Kaori Imabeppu, while Arundhati Pantawane will face Russia`s Anna Astrakhantseva.
Jwala Gutta and Prajakta Sawant will meet local players Wei Han Tan and Dellis Yuliana in the women`s doubles qualifiers, while in the mixed doubles competition, Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan will square off against the Thai combo of Patiphat Chalardchaleam and Jongkonphan Kittiharakul.
Another Indian combo of Manish Gupta and Gaurav Venkat will fight it out against Malaysian pair of Zheng Yi Kok and Keat Zhen Kong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog