Thomas Bach elected IOC president, succeeding Jacques Rogge
Zee Media Bureau
Buenos Aires: Thomas Bach has been elected as the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) President and succeeding Jacques Rogge.
The highly anticipated election’s result was declared on Tuesday night. Six men were contesting for post of the IOC president. Germany`s Thomas Bach was regarded as likely to justify his role throughout of being the favourite.
Of the 59-year-old lawyer`s rivals only two were talked about as potentially being capable of dashing his dreams of achieving his goal: Ng Ser Miang of Singapore and Puerto Rico`s Richard Carrion.
Bach has become the first Olympic champion to be elected as the IOC President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users