Thomas Bach elected IOC president, succeeding Jacques Rogge
Zee Media Bureau
Buenos Aires: Thomas Bach has been elected as the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) President and succeeding Jacques Rogge.
The highly anticipated election’s result was declared on Tuesday night. Six men were contesting for post of the IOC president. Germany`s Thomas Bach was regarded as likely to justify his role throughout of being the favourite.
Of the 59-year-old lawyer`s rivals only two were talked about as potentially being capable of dashing his dreams of achieving his goal: Ng Ser Miang of Singapore and Puerto Rico`s Richard Carrion.
Bach has become the first Olympic champion to be elected as the IOC President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof