Thousands of Cubans run in `Marathon of Hope`
Havana: Thousands participated in the traditional ‘Marathon of Hope’ in Havana, Cuba.
The Marathon of Hope pays tribute to young Canadian Terry Fox, who lost his right leg due to osteosarcoma. However, he ran with a prosthetic across Canada from coast-to-coast to collect funds and raise awareness on research against cancer.
The start signal was given by Radio Station Radio Reloj at 10 a.m. on Saturday. The funds collected by the event will be donated in benefit of researches against cancer, the second leading cause of death in the country in 2012.
The Marathon of Hope is held every year since 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24