Three-a-side basketball nationals on April 10-11
New Delhi: The Basketball Federation of India will launch the first-ever 3x3 national basketball championship for both men and women, at the Thyagraj stadium here.
The three-a-side format will have matches of 10-minute duration, covering half-court and four matches would be played simultaneously.
The first leg of the championship development program will be held on April 10-11 and the Indian squad for the upcoming 3x3 Asian championships will be selected from the tournament.
Last year, the national women team had clinched gold medal in the 3x3 Asian games in China, while earlier men and women team had bagged bronze and silver medal respectively, at the 3x3 Beach Games.
The new format of Basketball is being aggressively promoted by FIBA World and FIBA Asia and conducting such programs at the national level is important as it would help identify and develop top basketball talent in the country.
Rasquinha said he wanted to join the advisory board in order to give back something to Mumbai hockey and bemoaned the fall in standards of the game in this city.
"We want to stop all controversy and focus on improving hockey standards which are falling. The appointment of two full time physiotherapists is the move towards this," he said.
Aldrin said though he was not originally from Mumbai, he was pained with the fall in standard of Mumbai hockey of which he was an admirer.
"I hope all of us can make a difference to Mumbai hockey," he said.
Eight boys teams and as many girls outfits will take part in the under-17 west zone nationals.
The teams are: MP hockey academy, Chhattisgarh Hockey, Hockey Rajasthan, Hockey Bhopal, The Hockey Maharashtra, Goans Hockey, Mumbai Hockey Association and Hockey Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President
- Human sex hormone has its evolutionary evidence in Starfish!
- National Ranking to have separate parameters for IISERs: Smriti Irani
- Hizb commander who blasted Kashmir telecom towers killed
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament