Three Jharkhand players selected for Hockey coaching camp
Jamshedpur: Three players from Jharkhand have been selected by the Hockey India for the Junior Men and Senior Men National Hockey Coaching Camps scheduled to be held at NIS, Patiala from 15th October.
While Nitish Kiro and Arvind Kujjur have been selected for the Junior men National Hockey coaching camp to be held from October 15 to November 8, Birender Lakra was selected for the Senior Men National coaching camp beginning from October 15 to November 20, said Jharkhand Hockey Association (JHA) sources said.
These camps are for the preparation of Indian Hockey team for participation in the forthcoming tournaments including six nation Johor Cup Tournament for Junior team at Johor Bahru, Malaysia from 11th to 19th November and also six nation Invitational tournament to be held in Pakistan from November 8 to 15, said a member of the JHA, Harbhajan Singh, a former Olympian.
For the senior men’s, this preparation coaching camp was for the participation of Indian Hockey Team in the Lanco International Super Series from November 22 to 25 and FIH Champions Trophy to be held at Australia from December 1 to 9, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar