Three new records created at national aquatic championship
Thiruvananthapuram: Sandeep Sejwal and Sajan Prakash of Railways and Gujarat`s Maana Patel set new records in their respective events on the opening day of the 67th national Aquatic Championship here.
Sejwal set new mark in the 200 m breaststroke while Prakash`s feat came in 400 m freestyle in the men`s category on Wednesday.
Teenager Maana broke the national record in women`s 100 m backstroke at the B R Ambedkar International Aquatic Complex.
Sejwal achieved the target in 2 minutes, 15.22 seconds improving his own existing record of 2:15.77 minutes in the category.
Prakash finished the mark in 3 minute and 58.51 seconds breaking the record of Sangvekhar while Maana set the new mark in 1:06.58 minutes.
In the category of relays, Railways team comprising Sanu Debnath, Rahul RC, Sajan Prakash and Aaron Agnel D`Souza beat Karnataka and Services.
Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan inaugurated the five-day event, generally viewed as the selection trails for international events like Asian and Commonwealth Games next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi