Three new records created at national aquatic championship
Thiruvananthapuram: Sandeep Sejwal and Sajan Prakash of Railways and Gujarat`s Maana Patel set new records in their respective events on the opening day of the 67th national Aquatic Championship here.
Sejwal set new mark in the 200 m breaststroke while Prakash`s feat came in 400 m freestyle in the men`s category on Wednesday.
Teenager Maana broke the national record in women`s 100 m backstroke at the B R Ambedkar International Aquatic Complex.
Sejwal achieved the target in 2 minutes, 15.22 seconds improving his own existing record of 2:15.77 minutes in the category.
Prakash finished the mark in 3 minute and 58.51 seconds breaking the record of Sangvekhar while Maana set the new mark in 1:06.58 minutes.
In the category of relays, Railways team comprising Sanu Debnath, Rahul RC, Sajan Prakash and Aaron Agnel D`Souza beat Karnataka and Services.
Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan inaugurated the five-day event, generally viewed as the selection trails for international events like Asian and Commonwealth Games next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?