Three new records created at national aquatic championship
Thiruvananthapuram: Sandeep Sejwal and Sajan Prakash of Railways and Gujarat`s Maana Patel set new records in their respective events on the opening day of the 67th national Aquatic Championship here.
Sejwal set new mark in the 200 m breaststroke while Prakash`s feat came in 400 m freestyle in the men`s category on Wednesday.
Teenager Maana broke the national record in women`s 100 m backstroke at the B R Ambedkar International Aquatic Complex.
Sejwal achieved the target in 2 minutes, 15.22 seconds improving his own existing record of 2:15.77 minutes in the category.
Prakash finished the mark in 3 minute and 58.51 seconds breaking the record of Sangvekhar while Maana set the new mark in 1:06.58 minutes.
In the category of relays, Railways team comprising Sanu Debnath, Rahul RC, Sajan Prakash and Aaron Agnel D`Souza beat Karnataka and Services.
Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan inaugurated the five-day event, generally viewed as the selection trails for international events like Asian and Commonwealth Games next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress