Three new records created at national aquatic championship
Thiruvananthapuram: Sandeep Sejwal and Sajan Prakash of Railways and Gujarat`s Maana Patel set new records in their respective events on the opening day of the 67th national Aquatic Championship here.
Sejwal set new mark in the 200 m breaststroke while Prakash`s feat came in 400 m freestyle in the men`s category on Wednesday.
Teenager Maana broke the national record in women`s 100 m backstroke at the B R Ambedkar International Aquatic Complex.
Sejwal achieved the target in 2 minutes, 15.22 seconds improving his own existing record of 2:15.77 minutes in the category.
Prakash finished the mark in 3 minute and 58.51 seconds breaking the record of Sangvekhar while Maana set the new mark in 1:06.58 minutes.
In the category of relays, Railways team comprising Sanu Debnath, Rahul RC, Sajan Prakash and Aaron Agnel D`Souza beat Karnataka and Services.
Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan inaugurated the five-day event, generally viewed as the selection trails for international events like Asian and Commonwealth Games next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro