Three new records created at national aquatic championship
Thiruvananthapuram: Sandeep Sejwal and Sajan Prakash of Railways and Gujarat`s Maana Patel set new records in their respective events on the opening day of the 67th national Aquatic Championship here.
Sejwal set new mark in the 200 m breaststroke while Prakash`s feat came in 400 m freestyle in the men`s category on Wednesday.
Teenager Maana broke the national record in women`s 100 m backstroke at the B R Ambedkar International Aquatic Complex.
Sejwal achieved the target in 2 minutes, 15.22 seconds improving his own existing record of 2:15.77 minutes in the category.
Prakash finished the mark in 3 minute and 58.51 seconds breaking the record of Sangvekhar while Maana set the new mark in 1:06.58 minutes.
In the category of relays, Railways team comprising Sanu Debnath, Rahul RC, Sajan Prakash and Aaron Agnel D`Souza beat Karnataka and Services.
Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan inaugurated the five-day event, generally viewed as the selection trails for international events like Asian and Commonwealth Games next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh