Thunder halt streaking Spurs
Oklahoma City: Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder denied San Antonio a 20th straight NBA victory on Thursday, beating the Spurs 106-94 in a battle of Western Conference powers.
The Spurs arrived in Oklahoma City with a chance to extend their club-record winning streak and strengthen their grasp on the top seed in the West.
But Durant kept a run of his own alive as he scored 28 points with seven rebounds to lift the Thunder.
Durant has now scored 25 or more points in 39 successive games, the longest such streak since Michael Jordan strung together 40 straight games of 25 points or more in the 1986-87 season.
The Thunder completed a sweep of their four regular-season games against the Spurs, and pulled within three games of San Antonio for first place in the Western Conference.
Russell Westbrook scored 27 points and handed out six assists for the Thunder.
Serge Ibaka notched a double-double of 11 points and 12 rebounds and Reggie Jackson chipped in 14 points off the bench for the Thunder.
Patty Mills led the Spurs with 21 points, while Tim Duncan delivered 17 points and eight rebounds. Kawhi Leonard also scored 17 points in the setback, the Spurs` first defeat since they fell 106-85 to Phoenix on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY