Ticket sale for Badminton Asia Championship begins
New Delhi: Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today launched the sale of tickets for the Yonex-Sunrise Badminton Asia Championship to be held here from
The first ticket of the championship, to be held at the
state-of-the-art DDA Siri Fort Badminton Stadium as a CWG test
event, was given to Sheila Dikshit and Kalmadi by Badminton
Association of India President V K Verma.
Kalmadi said he expected the Championship to be a roaring
"BAI hosted World Junior Championship in Pune and World
Championship in Hyderabad successfully. By bringing the Asian
Championship as the test event for the Commonwealth Games 2010
Delhi, BAI has ensured that the sport stays in the public
eye," he said.
Dikshit said she was confident the event would draw full
houses, especially since Indian ace Saina Nehwal is playing.
"Last month, Delhi showed it loves top notch sporting
events by supporting the FIH World Cup hockey and the
Commonwealth Boxing Championships. I am sure that the
Badminton Asia Championships, featuring a lot of leading
names, will also draw a terrific response," she said.
Verma said the ticket prices has been pegged low for the
benefit of the public.
"Given the fact that the world class players will be
competing for honours in the event, we have pegged the ticket
prices really low. The prices for the tickets will be Rs. 50
for the first two days, Rs 100 for the next two days and Rs.
150 to Rs.500 for quarterfinals to finals. VIP tickets will be
priced relatively on the higher side," he said.
Tickets can be booked online by logging on to
www.bookmyshow.com from 4 pm today. Tickets will also be
available at Cafe Coffee Day outlets near Siri Fort Sports
Complex and across major areas in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review