Ticket sale for Badminton Asia Championship begins
New Delhi: Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today launched the sale of tickets for the Yonex-Sunrise Badminton Asia Championship to be held here from
The first ticket of the championship, to be held at the
state-of-the-art DDA Siri Fort Badminton Stadium as a CWG test
event, was given to Sheila Dikshit and Kalmadi by Badminton
Association of India President V K Verma.
Kalmadi said he expected the Championship to be a roaring
"BAI hosted World Junior Championship in Pune and World
Championship in Hyderabad successfully. By bringing the Asian
Championship as the test event for the Commonwealth Games 2010
Delhi, BAI has ensured that the sport stays in the public
eye," he said.
Dikshit said she was confident the event would draw full
houses, especially since Indian ace Saina Nehwal is playing.
"Last month, Delhi showed it loves top notch sporting
events by supporting the FIH World Cup hockey and the
Commonwealth Boxing Championships. I am sure that the
Badminton Asia Championships, featuring a lot of leading
names, will also draw a terrific response," she said.
Verma said the ticket prices has been pegged low for the
benefit of the public.
"Given the fact that the world class players will be
competing for honours in the event, we have pegged the ticket
prices really low. The prices for the tickets will be Rs. 50
for the first two days, Rs 100 for the next two days and Rs.
150 to Rs.500 for quarterfinals to finals. VIP tickets will be
priced relatively on the higher side," he said.
Tickets can be booked online by logging on to
www.bookmyshow.com from 4 pm today. Tickets will also be
available at Cafe Coffee Day outlets near Siri Fort Sports
Complex and across major areas in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?