Ticket sale for Badminton Asia Championship begins
New Delhi: Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today launched the sale of tickets for the Yonex-Sunrise Badminton Asia Championship to be held here from
The first ticket of the championship, to be held at the
state-of-the-art DDA Siri Fort Badminton Stadium as a CWG test
event, was given to Sheila Dikshit and Kalmadi by Badminton
Association of India President V K Verma.
Kalmadi said he expected the Championship to be a roaring
"BAI hosted World Junior Championship in Pune and World
Championship in Hyderabad successfully. By bringing the Asian
Championship as the test event for the Commonwealth Games 2010
Delhi, BAI has ensured that the sport stays in the public
eye," he said.
Dikshit said she was confident the event would draw full
houses, especially since Indian ace Saina Nehwal is playing.
"Last month, Delhi showed it loves top notch sporting
events by supporting the FIH World Cup hockey and the
Commonwealth Boxing Championships. I am sure that the
Badminton Asia Championships, featuring a lot of leading
names, will also draw a terrific response," she said.
Verma said the ticket prices has been pegged low for the
benefit of the public.
"Given the fact that the world class players will be
competing for honours in the event, we have pegged the ticket
prices really low. The prices for the tickets will be Rs. 50
for the first two days, Rs 100 for the next two days and Rs.
150 to Rs.500 for quarterfinals to finals. VIP tickets will be
priced relatively on the higher side," he said.
Tickets can be booked online by logging on to
www.bookmyshow.com from 4 pm today. Tickets will also be
available at Cafe Coffee Day outlets near Siri Fort Sports
Complex and across major areas in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset