Titans sack head coach Munchak
Nashville: Head coach Mike Munchak was fired Saturday by the Tennessee Titans after three seasons in charge of the National Football League team.
The Titans won nine games and lost seven in Munchak`s first season, then slipped to 6-10 in 2012 before a slight rebound to seven victories this year.
Munchak had been with the franchise since 1982 as both a star player and coach. He was chosen to play in nine Pro Bowls and named All-Pro twice. In 2001, Munchak was inducted into the hall of fame.
After retiring as a player, Munchak spent three seasons assisting the coaching staff before becoming offensive line coach in 1997. He took over head coach duties in the 2010 season from Jeff Fisher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town