Titans sack head coach Munchak
Nashville: Head coach Mike Munchak was fired Saturday by the Tennessee Titans after three seasons in charge of the National Football League team.
The Titans won nine games and lost seven in Munchak`s first season, then slipped to 6-10 in 2012 before a slight rebound to seven victories this year.
Munchak had been with the franchise since 1982 as both a star player and coach. He was chosen to play in nine Pro Bowls and named All-Pro twice. In 2001, Munchak was inducted into the hall of fame.
After retiring as a player, Munchak spent three seasons assisting the coaching staff before becoming offensive line coach in 1997. He took over head coach duties in the 2010 season from Jeff Fisher.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'