Titans sack head coach Munchak
Nashville: Head coach Mike Munchak was fired Saturday by the Tennessee Titans after three seasons in charge of the National Football League team.
The Titans won nine games and lost seven in Munchak`s first season, then slipped to 6-10 in 2012 before a slight rebound to seven victories this year.
Munchak had been with the franchise since 1982 as both a star player and coach. He was chosen to play in nine Pro Bowls and named All-Pro twice. In 2001, Munchak was inducted into the hall of fame.
After retiring as a player, Munchak spent three seasons assisting the coaching staff before becoming offensive line coach in 1997. He took over head coach duties in the 2010 season from Jeff Fisher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city