TN govt to bear all expenses of differently abled chess player
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government will bear the entire expenses of over Rs two lakh of a differently abled chess player from the state for his participation in an international tournament in Russia next month.
Following a plea from the Tamil Nadu State Chess Association, Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, who also holds the Welfare of the Differently Abled portfolio, directed the state government to bear expenses of Rs 2.58 lakh required by Jenitha Anto, an official press release said.
She will be participating in the 39th World Chess Olympiad 2010 Khanty-Mansiysk in Russia in September and October, the release said.
The amount would cover all expenses, including travel for Anto and a companion, stay and a month`s training, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!