TN govt to bear all expenses of differently abled chess player
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government will bear the entire expenses of over Rs two lakh of a differently abled chess player from the state for his participation in an international tournament in Russia next month.
Following a plea from the Tamil Nadu State Chess Association, Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, who also holds the Welfare of the Differently Abled portfolio, directed the state government to bear expenses of Rs 2.58 lakh required by Jenitha Anto, an official press release said.
She will be participating in the 39th World Chess Olympiad 2010 Khanty-Mansiysk in Russia in September and October, the release said.
The amount would cover all expenses, including travel for Anto and a companion, stay and a month`s training, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?