TN govt to bear all expenses of differently abled chess player
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government will bear the entire expenses of over Rs two lakh of a differently abled chess player from the state for his participation in an international tournament in Russia next month.
Following a plea from the Tamil Nadu State Chess Association, Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, who also holds the Welfare of the Differently Abled portfolio, directed the state government to bear expenses of Rs 2.58 lakh required by Jenitha Anto, an official press release said.
She will be participating in the 39th World Chess Olympiad 2010 Khanty-Mansiysk in Russia in September and October, the release said.
The amount would cover all expenses, including travel for Anto and a companion, stay and a month`s training, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj