Todd Faulds appointed as HIL`s Director Competitions
New Delhi: Hockey India League (HIL) on Wednesday appointment Todd Faulds as its Director Competitions for the second edition of the League, which is scheduled to be held from January 23 to February 23 next year.
Faulds worked as a Competitions Manager for the FIH Champions Trophy Men 2012 in Melbourne, International Super Series 2012 in Perth and was also involved in Australian Youth Olympic Festival this year as Competitions Director.
"I am delighted to welcome Todd Faulds to the Hero Hockey India League team," HI secretary general Narinder Batra said.
"We are looking forward to working with Todd and utilising his experience as Hockey Australia`s Competitions Manager to bring additional expertise to Hero HIL and make season-2 more successful event," added Batra, who is also the Chairman of HIL.
Faulds said he was excited at his appointment and looking to forward contribute to HIL`s success.
"I am extremely excited about the opportunity to join Hero Hockey India League and positively contribute to an organisation that is such a key figure in world hockey.
"The hosting of two world level FIH events in the Men`s Junior World Cup and World League Round 4 will be a great opportunity for India to showcase its passion for hockey. And in addition to this, the second season of the HIL provides us with the opportunity to welcome the world`s best players to India for one month of world class hockey played in various regions in India and promoted globally," he said.
"I certainly look forward to working with everyone to ensure these events are a fantastic representation for Hockey India and for all involved," Faulds added.
Currently representing Hockey Australia on Continental Federation Committees, Faulds has been the Project Administrator at Sports Technology International in 2010 and Business Developer at Grassports Australia in 2009.
He has also worked as a coach of the numerous club teams in Australia for more than nine years and during this period he worked with the likes of Mentone Club, Hawthorn Club, Old Aquinians Club. As a player, Faulds represented Western Australia (U-21), Victoria (U-21) and Camberwell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’