Tom Daley launches new diving academy
London: Olympic bronze medallist Tom Daley has launched ` Tom Daley Diving Academy` to help unearth the future champions.
The 19-year-old English diver told BBC News, that there`s a chance that some of the kids could be diving and competing with him in the next four years, and he hopes the academy inspires the next generation of divers because of the facilities provided.
The academy is part of a `Learn to Dive` development programme run by charity organization Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL), and its courses will also be run in boroughs across the capital and around the United Kingdom.
The training venue will be the revamped London Aquatics Centre, which will host its first major event since the 2012 Olympics at the end of this month, and the divers will be trained by world-class coaches, including Olympic medal-winning coach, Jane Figueiredo.
Daley will be competing in the Diving World Series competition from 25-27 April before beginning his final preparations for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games August 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi