Top Malaysian players head to Hockey India League
New Delhi: Five members of the 2010 Asian Games silver medal-winning Malaysian team have signed up for the Hockey India League players` auction to be held this month for the event that will start on January 5 next year.
The players include Asian All-Star goalkeeper Kumar Subramaniam, who comes with vast international experience, having played 197 games that includes matches in three Asian Games, two Commonwealth Games and an FIH Champions Trophy tournament.
Subramaniam was given the Asian All Star Award at the Asian Games 2010 in Guangzhou, China and has been the Best Goalkeeper in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup four times.
Azlan Misron, 29, comes with even more experience, having played as many as 269 matches for Malaysia and scoring 40 goals.
Like Subramaniam, he has taken part in three Asian Games, winning bronze in 2002 and silver in 2010, two Commonwealth Games and the Champions Trophy in 2007.
The 29-year-old forward Tengku Ahmad Tajuddin is another player who was part of the Asian All Star team in 2010. With 46 goals in 167 matches for Malaysia, Tajuddin`s career has been highlighted by the silver medal in the Asian Games in 2010 and the bronze medal in the Asian Champions Trophy the same year.
Resolute defender Muhammad Raize, 25, is the third Asian All Star 2010 player who has signed up for the auction.
With 115 international matches under his belt, he also boasts of the Asian Games 2010 silver medal.
Just 21 years of age, Faizal Saari has earned the reputation of being an exciting forward. With as many as 85 caps, he has been a part of the Malaysian team that won silver in the Asian Games 2010 in Guangzhou a month after competing here in the Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi.
Top-scorer in the Malaysian Hockey League, he has also played in the Australian League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31