Top runners to show up at Houston Marathon
Houston: A number of top runners will be among about 30,000 half-marathoners and marathoners at the Houston Marathon Sunday.
The Houston Marathon, in its 41st year, will bring roughly a quarter-million people to the Houston area this year between participants, spectators and volunteers, which makes the weekend race the largest single-day sporting event in Houston, organisers said in a press conference Friday, reports Xinhua.
Among the top runners at this year`s event will be Bezunesh Deba, whose personal record is 2:23:19, and Merima Mohammed of Ethiopia, whose personal record is 2:23:04. On the men`s side are Bazu Worku, who ran the Berlin Marathon in an astounding 2:05:25, and Debebe Tolassa with a personal record of 2:07:41.
"We have 30,000 runners for the three races this year and great elite field. The majority of those runners will be running for a reason this year for our charitable programmes," said Wade Morehead, executive director of Houston Marathon committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre