Top South African mountain biker killed
Johannesburg: Burry Stander, a two-time mountain bike Olympian, was killed in a road accident while training near his home Thursday.
The 25-year-old South African died after colliding with a taxi in the Kwazulu-Natal province on the east coast, the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee said.
Stander finished fifth in last year`s London Olympics and he competed in Beijing 2008. He was also a former under-19 and under-23 world champion and South Africa`s biggest star in the sport and one of the world`s top riders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued