Top South African mountain biker killed
Johannesburg: Burry Stander, a two-time mountain bike Olympian, was killed in a road accident while training near his home Thursday.
The 25-year-old South African died after colliding with a taxi in the Kwazulu-Natal province on the east coast, the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee said.
Stander finished fifth in last year`s London Olympics and he competed in Beijing 2008. He was also a former under-19 and under-23 world champion and South Africa`s biggest star in the sport and one of the world`s top riders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed