Toronto Raptors fall to San Antonio Spurs in NBA
Toronto: The Toronto Raptors lost 106-111 against the San Antonio Spurs in double overtime in NBA action.
This was the fifth consecutive loss for the Raptors, dropping their overall record to 3-11 to begin the season.
The team`s record after 14 games ties them with the Detroit Pistons for the second worst in the NBA this season, only ahead of the winless 0-11 Washington Wizards.
The 3-11 record also marks the third worst start in franchise history. Only the 1997-98 and 2005-06 seasons had worst starts, with 1-13 records through 14 games in both seasons.
"It`s frustrating," said Raptors forward DeMar DeRozan during a post-game interview Sunday.
"There`s no way we should be a 3-11 team right now. If you count, easily, there should have been eight or nine games we should have won. We`ve just got to finish our games," DeRozan added.
DeRozan`s optimism comes from the fact that the team has been competitive in most of their games. Of the team`s eleven losses, nine of them have been within ten points.
In addition, five losses have been be a margin of five points or less. Furthermore, the team has played in a total of five overtime periods, more than any other team so far this season.
Raptors head coach Dwane Casey also shares a positive outlook on the season so far.
"If it was a sprint, we would have won (against the Spurs) but it`s not, it`s a marathon," said Casey.
"We`re in a process. I know it doesn`t look like it, it sounds like a broken record but we are getting better. Getting a collection of guys playing well together on the same night and we`re going to be cooking with gas," added Casey.
With 68 remaining in the regular season, the team looks to improve from their 23-43 record from last season, when the team had the seventh worst record in the NBA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise