Tour de France 2013: Marcel Kittel wins 10th stage, Chris Froome in yellow
Saint-Malo: Germany`s Marcel Kittel of Argos dominated a group sprint to win the 10th stage of the Tour de France, held over 197 km between Saint Gildas des Bois and Saint Malo on Tuesday.
Yellow jersey holder Chris Froome of Team Sky finished just behind the sprinters to retain his lead of 1min 25sec on Spaniard Alejandro Valverde of Movistar.
Kittel, the winner of stage one when the German also took the yellow jersey, pipped compatriot Andre Greipel (Lotto) to become the first sprinter on this year`s 100th edition to win two stages.
British champion Mark Cavendish finished a distant third, but the Lotto rider could face sanctions from race officials after he was shown to have barged into one of Kittel`s Argos teammates in the closing 150 metres.
The incident sent Tom Veelers flying and the Dutchman was lucky to escape with no serious injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’