Tour de France 2013: Marcel Kittel wins 10th stage, Chris Froome in yellow
Saint-Malo: Germany`s Marcel Kittel of Argos dominated a group sprint to win the 10th stage of the Tour de France, held over 197 km between Saint Gildas des Bois and Saint Malo on Tuesday.
Yellow jersey holder Chris Froome of Team Sky finished just behind the sprinters to retain his lead of 1min 25sec on Spaniard Alejandro Valverde of Movistar.
Kittel, the winner of stage one when the German also took the yellow jersey, pipped compatriot Andre Greipel (Lotto) to become the first sprinter on this year`s 100th edition to win two stages.
British champion Mark Cavendish finished a distant third, but the Lotto rider could face sanctions from race officials after he was shown to have barged into one of Kittel`s Argos teammates in the closing 150 metres.
The incident sent Tom Veelers flying and the Dutchman was lucky to escape with no serious injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!