Trials for Asian Para TT championships begin
Indore: The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) will select a 15-member Para table tennis team to represent India at the Asian Para Table Tennis Championships to be held in China from October 16-20.
With the sports ministry and the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) entrusting the selection job to the national body, the TTFI has organised a two-day trials at Abhay Prashal Stadium in Indore beginning from Tuesday.
A total of 33 paddlers, 28 in men`s section and eight in women`s category have turned out for the first-day trials conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Table Tennis Association under the supervision of former national champion and national selector Manjit Dua.
According to Dua, all the paddlers participated in trials in 10 classification sections, taking into consideration their disabilities with international umpires R C Mouriya and M I Purania conducting matches.
This is the first time that the TTFI was organising the trials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says