Trials for Asian Para TT championships begin
Indore: The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) will select a 15-member Para table tennis team to represent India at the Asian Para Table Tennis Championships to be held in China from October 16-20.
With the sports ministry and the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) entrusting the selection job to the national body, the TTFI has organised a two-day trials at Abhay Prashal Stadium in Indore beginning from Tuesday.
A total of 33 paddlers, 28 in men`s section and eight in women`s category have turned out for the first-day trials conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Table Tennis Association under the supervision of former national champion and national selector Manjit Dua.
According to Dua, all the paddlers participated in trials in 10 classification sections, taking into consideration their disabilities with international umpires R C Mouriya and M I Purania conducting matches.
This is the first time that the TTFI was organising the trials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7
- Say whaaat! Former Bigg Boss contestant Sofia Hayat is now 'Mother Sofia' – Pics inside
- Bayer makes global offer to buy Monsanto for $62 billion
- Manchester United show Louis van Gaal the door with Jose Mourinho set to arrive at Old Trafford: Report
- RBI looks to check customer liability in banking frauds