Two challenges for shuttlers in line-call review
New Delhi: Badminton players will be able to challenge referee decisions for line-calls twice in the latest amendment made by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) earlier this month.
The BWF Council decided to amend its regulation to permit the introduction of a challenge structure. It will be introduced for the first time at the Sudirman Cup in May.
"Players will get two chances per match to review line-call decisions. If both of them go wrong, they can`t challenge anymore," a BWF official told IANS at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here on Wednesday.
The line-review technology, also used in sports like tennis, football and cricket, will first be first tested at the Sudirman Cup before implementing it completely, with amendments if necessary, at the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa