Two challenges for shuttlers in line-call review
New Delhi: Badminton players will be able to challenge referee decisions for line-calls twice in the latest amendment made by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) earlier this month.
The BWF Council decided to amend its regulation to permit the introduction of a challenge structure. It will be introduced for the first time at the Sudirman Cup in May.
"Players will get two chances per match to review line-call decisions. If both of them go wrong, they can`t challenge anymore," a BWF official told IANS at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here on Wednesday.
The line-review technology, also used in sports like tennis, football and cricket, will first be first tested at the Sudirman Cup before implementing it completely, with amendments if necessary, at the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs