Two challenges for shuttlers in line-call review
New Delhi: Badminton players will be able to challenge referee decisions for line-calls twice in the latest amendment made by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) earlier this month.
The BWF Council decided to amend its regulation to permit the introduction of a challenge structure. It will be introduced for the first time at the Sudirman Cup in May.
"Players will get two chances per match to review line-call decisions. If both of them go wrong, they can`t challenge anymore," a BWF official told IANS at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here on Wednesday.
The line-review technology, also used in sports like tennis, football and cricket, will first be first tested at the Sudirman Cup before implementing it completely, with amendments if necessary, at the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!