Two Cuban triathletes to compete in Pan American Cup
Havana: Two Cuban athletes will be competing in the 2013 Triathlon Pan American Cup to be held Sunday in Mexico`s Pacific coast resort of Ixtapa.
Cuba`s Ana Leydis Arias, the central Caribbean leader in the under-23 category, will compete in the women`s division, and Michel Gonzalez, will compete in the men`s. Both are being trained by Miguel Poulot.
Gonzalez has already qualified for the 2014 Central American and Caribbean Games, to be held in Mexico`s Gulf coast state of Veracruz, but Arias is still looking to secure a slot.
After competing in Ixtapa, where some 15 countries are slated to take part in the event organised by the International Triathlon Union (ITU), the Cuban pair will continue to receive training here for upcoming international meets.
In May, Cuba hosted an international triathlon cup in Varadero, a well-known beach resort 75 miles east of Havana, with the participation of 50 racers from the Dominican Republic, the US and Cuba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today