Two Delhi Wushu players selected for World Wushu Championship
New Delhi: Asian silver medalist Santosh Kumar and Junior World bronze medalist Narender Grewal of Delhi have been selected for 12th World Wushu Championship to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Monday.
Both players have big medal hope for India. Santosh Kumar reached quarterfinals in the 11th World Wushu Championship held at Ankara, Turkey in 2011 and won silver medals in 2012 Asian Wushu Championship held at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Young Narender Grewal won the bronze medal in 2012 Junior World championship and won gold in 21st Senior National Wushu Championship 2013 at Kolkata.
The 15 Players will depart tomorrow to participate in the 12th World Wushu Championship which will conclude on November 6th, said Rajvir Singh, General secretary, Delhi Amateur Wushu Association in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt