Two Delhi Wushu players selected for World Wushu Championship
New Delhi: Asian silver medalist Santosh Kumar and Junior World bronze medalist Narender Grewal of Delhi have been selected for 12th World Wushu Championship to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Monday.
Both players have big medal hope for India. Santosh Kumar reached quarterfinals in the 11th World Wushu Championship held at Ankara, Turkey in 2011 and won silver medals in 2012 Asian Wushu Championship held at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Young Narender Grewal won the bronze medal in 2012 Junior World championship and won gold in 21st Senior National Wushu Championship 2013 at Kolkata.
The 15 Players will depart tomorrow to participate in the 12th World Wushu Championship which will conclude on November 6th, said Rajvir Singh, General secretary, Delhi Amateur Wushu Association in a release.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark