Two Ghanaian boxers to vie for WBA title
Accra: Ghana will host the World Boxing Authority (WBA) International Cruiserweight bout between two of its boxers Oct 3.
John Napari, an army officer and former national heavyweight champion, will slug it out with Braimah Kamoko for the title at the Accra Sports Stadium, reports Xinhua.
The two boxers appended their signatures to the fight contract at a press conference here Monday.
Both Kamoko and Napari came to the signing event with a retinue of supporters amidst drumming and dancing.
Kamoko, famously nicknamed Bukom Banku, is undefeated in 27 bouts. His last conquest was Ayittey Powers whom he defeated before 15,000 fans at the Accra Sports Stadium in a contest which was televised all over the continent.
Napari, 31-year-old stoutly built corporal in the Ghanaian Army, is also undefeated in 18 bouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India