Two Ghanaian boxers to vie for WBA title
Accra: Ghana will host the World Boxing Authority (WBA) International Cruiserweight bout between two of its boxers Oct 3.
John Napari, an army officer and former national heavyweight champion, will slug it out with Braimah Kamoko for the title at the Accra Sports Stadium, reports Xinhua.
The two boxers appended their signatures to the fight contract at a press conference here Monday.
Both Kamoko and Napari came to the signing event with a retinue of supporters amidst drumming and dancing.
Kamoko, famously nicknamed Bukom Banku, is undefeated in 27 bouts. His last conquest was Ayittey Powers whom he defeated before 15,000 fans at the Accra Sports Stadium in a contest which was televised all over the continent.
Napari, 31-year-old stoutly built corporal in the Ghanaian Army, is also undefeated in 18 bouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi