Two Ghanaian boxers to vie for WBA title
Accra: Ghana will host the World Boxing Authority (WBA) International Cruiserweight bout between two of its boxers Oct 3.
John Napari, an army officer and former national heavyweight champion, will slug it out with Braimah Kamoko for the title at the Accra Sports Stadium, reports Xinhua.
The two boxers appended their signatures to the fight contract at a press conference here Monday.
Both Kamoko and Napari came to the signing event with a retinue of supporters amidst drumming and dancing.
Kamoko, famously nicknamed Bukom Banku, is undefeated in 27 bouts. His last conquest was Ayittey Powers whom he defeated before 15,000 fans at the Accra Sports Stadium in a contest which was televised all over the continent.
Napari, 31-year-old stoutly built corporal in the Ghanaian Army, is also undefeated in 18 bouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!