Two Ghanaian boxers to vie for WBA title
Accra: Ghana will host the World Boxing Authority (WBA) International Cruiserweight bout between two of its boxers Oct 3.
John Napari, an army officer and former national heavyweight champion, will slug it out with Braimah Kamoko for the title at the Accra Sports Stadium, reports Xinhua.
The two boxers appended their signatures to the fight contract at a press conference here Monday.
Both Kamoko and Napari came to the signing event with a retinue of supporters amidst drumming and dancing.
Kamoko, famously nicknamed Bukom Banku, is undefeated in 27 bouts. His last conquest was Ayittey Powers whom he defeated before 15,000 fans at the Accra Sports Stadium in a contest which was televised all over the continent.
Napari, 31-year-old stoutly built corporal in the Ghanaian Army, is also undefeated in 18 bouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore