Two Ghanaian boxers to vie for WBA title
Accra: Ghana will host the World Boxing Authority (WBA) International Cruiserweight bout between two of its boxers Oct 3.
John Napari, an army officer and former national heavyweight champion, will slug it out with Braimah Kamoko for the title at the Accra Sports Stadium, reports Xinhua.
The two boxers appended their signatures to the fight contract at a press conference here Monday.
Both Kamoko and Napari came to the signing event with a retinue of supporters amidst drumming and dancing.
Kamoko, famously nicknamed Bukom Banku, is undefeated in 27 bouts. His last conquest was Ayittey Powers whom he defeated before 15,000 fans at the Accra Sports Stadium in a contest which was televised all over the continent.
Napari, 31-year-old stoutly built corporal in the Ghanaian Army, is also undefeated in 18 bouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning