Assembly Election Results 2017

Two girl students of sports school consume rat poison, hospitalised

Two girl students of G V Raja Sports School near Karakulam were hospitalised after they consumed rat poison on Tuesday.

Updated: Oct 07, 2015, 10:59 AM IST

Thiruvananthapuram: Two girl students of G V Raja Sports School near Karakulam were hospitalised after they consumed rat poison on Tuesday.

According to a report in The New Indian Express, the students – Aparna (16) and Krishnapriya (16), both natives of Mylam, were admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital around 9.15 p.m. after they were found unconscious in the hostel.

The condition of the students is said to be stable.

The report added that the students were at Aparna’s residence as they did not have classes. When they returned to the hostel on Tuesday evening after having food, they fell down unconscious post which they were rushed to the hospital by the hostel authorities.