Two national records in Junior National Weightlifting
Guwahati: Two new junior national records were created on the opening day of the 50th Men and 26th Women Junior National Weightlifting Championships here today.
S Mirabai Chanu of Manipur lifted 75kg in women`s 48kg category snatch event, bettering her own record by one kg.
Chanu swept the gold by winning a yellow metal each in clean and jerk (95kg) and total lift (170kg).
Harshdeep Kaur of Punjab created the second record of the day by lifting 79 kg in snatch in women`s 53kg category contest, erasing the earlier record of 78kg held by M Santoshi of Andhra Pradesh.
Harshdeep also swept the gold by winning a yellow metal each in clean and jerk (95kg) and total lift (174kg).
More than 255 weightlifters, including international medallists, from across the country are participating in the Championships in 15 bodyweight categories -- eight men and seven women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming