Two young shuttlers to undergo coaching in Padukone`s academy
Mumbai: Young shuttlers Simran Singhi (11) and Rahul Vyas (12) from Mumbai would undergo a 14-day coaching stint at Badminton great Prakash Padukone`s academy, after they won a talent hunt event.
Padukone in association with Tata Capital had launched a talent hunt for children between 8 and 12 years of age at five gymkhanas of the city, with a two-day tournament that culminated here today.
Singhi (11) and Vyas (12) from Khar Gymkhana and Bombay Gymkhana, respectively, won the Tata Capital Super Shuttlers Finals Tournament.
The event was conducted from May 27 to June 7 to identify potentially good players for the two?day tournament at the Cricket Club of India held yesterday and today.
Apart from CCI, the other clubs/gymkhanas who were part of the initiative --- Bombay Gymkhana, Juhu Vile Parle Gymkhana, Khar Gymkhana and National Sports Club of India.
"My academy is grateful that, this tournament has aided in promotion of badminton among young kids, cultivated friendship and collaboration among top clubs of Mumbai, and provided budding talent a valuable opportunity to show their sporting prowess and vitality," Padukone said in a statement.
The tournament in Mumbai is one of the first phases of this initiative, which will be replicated across other cities in the near future, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'