Tyson and Chavez named to Boxing Hall of Fame
California: Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson and three-division winner Julio Cesar Chavez of Mexico were named to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
Russian-born junior welterweight champion Kostya Tszyu, Mexican trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain, US referee Joe Cortez and American actor/screenwriter Sylvester Stallone also are part of the Class of 2011, the Hall of Fame said on its website.
Bantamweight Memphis Pal Moore, light heavyweight champion Jack Root, welterweight-middleweight Dave Shade, British boxer-politician John Gully, promoter AF Bettinson and broadcaster Harry Carpenter will be honored posthumously.
They will be enshrined June 12, 2011, at the Hall of Fame Museum in Canastota, New York.
Inductees were selected by members of the Boxing Writers Association and a panel of international boxing historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi