Udonis Haslem re-signs with Miami Heat
Miami: The Miami Heat have re-signed veteran forward Udonis Haslem, who is the club`s all-time leader in rebounds.
Haslem is the third of four team members who opted out of their contracts at the end of the National Basketball Association season and then chose to re-sign with the Heat. The only one who didn`t re-sign was superstar LeBron James who decided to bolt for his hometown team the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The deal means the 34-year-old Haslem will be back for his 12th season with Miami. He has spent his entire career with the Heat.
Terms of Friday`s agreement were not disclosed, though the South Florida Sun- Sentinel reported the deal to be for $5.6 million and two years.
Haslem, along with Miami`s "Big Three" of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, opted out following the Heat`s five-game loss to the San Antonio Spurs in the 2014 NBA finals.
The Miami native has been a part of all three of the Heat`s NBA champion teams and ranks second only to Wade in club history in games played (715).
Haslem played in just 46 regular-season games in 2013-14, averaging 3.8 points and 3.8 rebounds.
He has averaged 8.6 points and 7.5 rebounds over 715 career regular-season games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM