Ukraine to bid for 2022 Winter Olympics
Kiev: Ukraine will make a bid to stage the Olympic Winter Games of 2022 in western Lvov region, Deputy Prime Minister Olexandr Vilkul announced here.
"We believe that our application will be one of the strongest. Ukraine showed that it can carry out large-scale sporting events, and Lvov is a major tourist centre and a city with a long history," Vilkul told a news briefing Tuesday.
Ukraine knows its potential contenders and is ready to compete with them for the right to host the games, Vilkul said.
The Chinese capital Beijing jointly with northern city Zhangjiakou as well as Kazakhstan`s Almaty have officially announced plans to bid for 2022 Winter Olympics.
The International Olympic Committee is also expecting bids from Poland, Germany, Norway, Sweden and Spain.
Ukraine has participated in hosting the Games during the 1980 Summer Olympics in former Soviet Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video