Umadevi loses WLBSA Billiards final
Leeds (UK): Reigning national billiards champion Umadevi Nagraj failed to pass the international test after the Karnataka cueist lost the WLBSA World Billiards Championship final against seven-time champion Emma Bonney here.
Uma, who had won her first international title against Emma in 2012, was undone by the English pro in a tough final game that lasted around two hours. Uma missed a cannon at crucial juncture, which brought Emma to the table and she rode her vast experience to pocket her eighth WLBSA Billiards title.
A Group of five players played each other to decide the finalists at the Leeds Billiards and Snooker arena. Earlier in the tournament, India`s Chitra Magimairaj had won the Senior Snooker event while Uma and Chitra had lost out in the World Snooker Championship category.
The World Billiards title was first won by Indian cueist Anuja Thakur in 2005 while Chitra won it in 2006 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur