Uncle says `traumatised` Pistorius not back to official training
Washington: South African Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius, who has been accused of murder in his girlfriend`s February shooting death, is not back on any official training programme, according to his uncle.
Rejecting media reports that the Olympic and Paralympic athlete was preparing to race again, Pistorius` uncle Arnold Pistorius said that the sprinting star is still in an extremely traumatized state and has made it clear to his family that he is not able or willing to even contemplate this issue at this stage.
Although Pistorius` uncle hoped that this decision may change in the future, however, he said that the final decision remains on the Paralympian alone, although he added that Pistorius` family has encouraged him to get back onto the track to help stabilize him emotionally.
The senior Pistorius further said that the Blade Runner has been out running on a number of isolated occasions in the days following the relaxation of his bail conditions, although he added that his nephew had struggled immensely with the decision to even leave the house.
There had been speculation that Pistorius would attempt to qualify for the Moscow World Championships in August after a judge last week relaxed bail restrictions, allowing him to travel overseas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!