UP sprinter Priyanka lodges formal complaint with state body
Ranchi: Uttar Pradesh sprinter Priyanka Panwar, who has levelled molestation charges against Athletics Federation of India (AFI) technical official Anu Kumar during the ongoing 34th National Games here, lodged a formal complaint with her state association.
The AFI, on the other hand, said it has not received any written complaint regarding the issue and, based on the media reports, is holding an emergency meeting this evening.
"I have conveyed this episode to our Uttar Pradesh association. I`ve full faith on the association members and I`m sure there will be justice," Priyanka, who won the 100m bronze yesterday,in the Athletics Village.
The AFI, on its part, said it was yet to get an official complaint against the said official who is working in the Games in capacity of a technical official.
"We are hearing this from the media reports only. If she has complained it to the UP Olympics Association, then it might reach us. As of now, based on the reports, we have called an emergency meeting today," officiating secretary of the AFI, Ravinder Chaudhary said.
A gold medallist in the South Asian Games, Priyanka had yesterday levelled molestation charges against Kumar and claimed that he had been sexually harassing her for the last four years, adding that there was no such harassment during the ongoing Games.
She also claimed that Kumar even threatened to drop her from the squad if she resisted.
Priyanka`s parents have registered an FIR in Muzaffarnagar after several of their complaints to railway minister Mamta Banerjee and the sports ministry had failed to deter the official.
Kumar and his wife Nidhi, on the other hand, claimed that the athlete was blackmailing them since he barred her brother, Arun from participating in the Games because of overage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination