US cyclist Leipheimer wins Tour of Switzerland
Schaffhausen (Switzerland): American Levi Leipheimer won the Tour of Switzerland on Sunday following the ninth stage, a 32.1 km time trial won by Switzerland`s Fabian Cancellara.
Overnight race leader Damiano Cunego went into the final stage with a 1min 59sec lead over RadioShack all-rounder Leipheimer.
However the American put in a powerful display on the hilly course in Switzerland`s northern-most town to finish third on the stage only 13secs behind world champion Cancellara.
It meant Cunego, who finished 2:16 off Cancellara`s pace, lost the yellow jersey by just four seconds.
In third place overall was Dutch tyro Steven Kruijswijk of Rabobank, who finished 1:02 behind Leipheimer in the overall standings.
It was Leopard rider Cancellara`s second stage win in his home race, following his opening stage time trial win over 7km in Lugano last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre