US cyclist Leipheimer wins Tour of Switzerland
Schaffhausen (Switzerland): American Levi Leipheimer won the Tour of Switzerland on Sunday following the ninth stage, a 32.1 km time trial won by Switzerland`s Fabian Cancellara.
Overnight race leader Damiano Cunego went into the final stage with a 1min 59sec lead over RadioShack all-rounder Leipheimer.
However the American put in a powerful display on the hilly course in Switzerland`s northern-most town to finish third on the stage only 13secs behind world champion Cancellara.
It meant Cunego, who finished 2:16 off Cancellara`s pace, lost the yellow jersey by just four seconds.
In third place overall was Dutch tyro Steven Kruijswijk of Rabobank, who finished 1:02 behind Leipheimer in the overall standings.
It was Leopard rider Cancellara`s second stage win in his home race, following his opening stage time trial win over 7km in Lugano last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report