Usain Bolt and team-mates tested at training camp
Moscow: All 44 athletes on the Jamaican team, including sprint superstar Usain Bolt, were tested Monday at their Moscow training camp for the athletics World Championships.
Team officials confirmed that agents from the World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) arrived at the camp in Moscow, where all of the athletes had blood taken in the sweeping operation.
It wasn`t clear if an entire national team had ever before been asked to undergo testing on the eve of a major competition.
The Jamaican track and field program has been under increased scrutiny over the last two months after former World 100m record holder Asafa Powell and his training partner Sherone Simpson were among five athletes who tested positive at the Jamaican championships in Kingston in June.
Powell and Simpson returned positive tests for a stimulant oxilofrine, results that came just weeks after two-time Olympic women`s 200m champion Veronica Campbell Brown also returned a positive test at a meeting in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?