Usain Bolt and team-mates tested at training camp
Moscow: All 44 athletes on the Jamaican team, including sprint superstar Usain Bolt, were tested Monday at their Moscow training camp for the athletics World Championships.
Team officials confirmed that agents from the World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) arrived at the camp in Moscow, where all of the athletes had blood taken in the sweeping operation.
It wasn`t clear if an entire national team had ever before been asked to undergo testing on the eve of a major competition.
The Jamaican track and field program has been under increased scrutiny over the last two months after former World 100m record holder Asafa Powell and his training partner Sherone Simpson were among five athletes who tested positive at the Jamaican championships in Kingston in June.
Powell and Simpson returned positive tests for a stimulant oxilofrine, results that came just weeks after two-time Olympic women`s 200m champion Veronica Campbell Brown also returned a positive test at a meeting in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre